ABC Audio Studios
ABC Audio Studios is the ABC's digital-first audio content production house. We make compelling and distinctive podcasts for an audience on-the-go. Check out the suite of podcasts we make here.
Want to know more about ABC Audio Studios?
We are looking for podcasts that:
- Are original, entertaining and something we haven't heard before
- Use a unique style and format
- Feature different voices talking about diverse topics
- Reflect contemporary Australia
- Appeal to a targeted and niche audience
- Can find passionate followers who will share the word
We are NOT looking for podcasts that:
- Duplicate our current podcast output
- That directly promote a business or commercial activity
Pitches that grab our attention will be ones that try different formats and feature different voices talking on diverse topics. Pitches should have a targeted or niche audience in mind – content that can find passionate followers who will share the word more widely in their specific communities.
Tips and Contacts:
If you are pitching for the first time, here are some tips on how to do it well.
If you’ve got any questions, email email@example.com
Audio Studios has recently finished a public pitching round for new podcasts. Keep an eye out here for when we re-open submissions.
Submissions for the documentary show Earshot remain open (until May 2018), so scroll down if you'd like to pitch your idea.
Welcome! This is your first port of call for pitching an idea to Earshot, and The History Listen, ABC RN’s features and documentary programs.
If you’re interested in contributing, click submit and tell us all about it.
We are looking for:
* stories about modern life, history and creativity.
* new and fresh ideas
* a sense of narrative
* a deep engagement with the people in the program
* creative use of audio to tell the story: compelling writing, location recordings, readings and archives.
*stories of shorter durations
We also accept series ideas that naturally stretch across several episodes.
Please fill out the form as best as you can at this point. If we have any additional questions, we will be in touch, and if we don’t feel your idea is right for Earshot, we'll let you know.
We welcome up to three proposals, per producer, per round. If you have any audio or text to include, please upload at the next step. If you have any questions about submitting, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.