ABC Audio Studios
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
ABC Audio Studios is the ABC's digital-first audio content production house. We make compelling and distinctive podcasts for an audience on-the-go.
Before pitching a podcast idea, please look over our suite of podcasts to ensure you're pitching something new.
It's also worth reading these articles which give you a sense of the type of content we're looking to create.
- We are going to be the Netflix of audio
- Backstory: ABC Radio launches Audio Studios to lead the way in podcasting and broadcasting
- In Australia, podcasting is not radio's side hustle.
We're looking for podcasts that:
- Are original, entertaining and something we haven't heard before
- Use a unique style, a format native to podcasting, and sustain across a series
- Feature new or different voices talking about diverse topics
- Reflect contemporary Australia
- Appeal to a targeted and niche audience
- Can find passionate followers who will share the word
We are NOT looking for podcasts that:
- Duplicate our current podcast output
- That directly promote a business or commercial activity
Tips and contacts:
If you're pitching for the first time, here are some tips on how to do it well.
If you’ve got any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an audio documentary idea it's best to pitch to Earshot below.